:-)

USA TOLL FREE #
1-800-656-1408

REST OF THE WORLD
+353 876 220 788

pay with Master Card
pay with VISA
pay with PayPal
Fedex courier service

Woodenbridge - Wicklow - Aughrim

River View

Since 1995, the town has undergone significant change and expansion reflecting the simultaneous growth in the Irish economy. Considerable residential development has taken place to the southwest of the town along Marlton Road. More recently, housing developments have been concentrated to the northwest of the town towards the neighbouring village of Rathnew. The completion of the Ashford/Rathnew bypass in 2004 has meant that Wicklow is now linked to the capital, Dublin, lying 42km to the north, by dual carriageway or motorway. These factors have lead to a steady growth in population of Wicklow and its surrounding townslands while its importance as a commuter town to Dublin increases.

OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR THIS ARTICLE

Size:
Mount/Frame:
* Options may affect the price/weight of an article
Choose Quantity:

Price:  *

* Made to Order, will ship 5 to 10 business days after purchase

Photo Details

  • County: Wicklow
  • Town:Woodenbridge
  • Scene: Bridge over River Aughrim
  • Date: 1910 (estimate)

Specification 

  • Digitally remastered
  • 10' x 8' printed on quality photo paper, larger sizes available
  • Also available mounted & framed
  • Colour images can be printed in black & white if preferred.
  • Read about Woodenbridge below

Woodenbridge

Woodenbridge is a small village in Co. Wicklow, Ireland, located between Arklow and Avoca, at the meeting of the Avoca, Aughrim and Goldmine rivers. Woodenbridge Golf Course is located here, as are two hotels.

The remains of an abandoned railway station on the the mainline railway between Dublin and Rosslare Harbour can be seen beside the golf course.

The entire golf course was flooded to a depth of several feet during Hurricane Charlie in August 1986, which also destroyed a number of bridges over the River Avoca and it's tributaries.

The Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge, established in 1608 claims to be the oldest hotel in Ireland.

The village is located at the junction of the R747 and R752 roads.