Mounted picture of the legendary Sinndar, the only racehorse to win the Epsom Derby, Irish Derby and Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe in the same year
Sinndar Mounted picture
- In 2000 became the only horse in history to win the Epsom Derby, Irish Derby and Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe in the same year.
- Also available in attractive mahogany style frame.
- See biography below
- 300mm x 200mm or 12 inches x 8 inches
- Precision cut double mount
- Also available in attractive mahogany style frame
Sinndar, a racehorse owned and bred by HH Aga Khan IV, and trained by John Oxx. He was sired by Grand Lodgecovering Sinntara (Lashkari). Sinndar was foaled in 1997, and in 2000 he became the only horse to win the Epsom Derby, Irish Derby Stakesand Prix de l'Arc de Triomphein the same year.
He won seven of eight starts, and was only beaten by a head while giving seven pounds in his only defeat. For his performances in 2000, Sindaar was voted Cartier Three-Year-Old European Champion Colt. In 2002, he sired Shawanda, who won the 2005 Irish Oaksand Prix Vermeille